SisterTalk Hartford has been reported on by a variety of news sources over the years. Listed below are some of the news coverage and press releases for archival purposes.
SisterTalk Hartford Showcased on ORTV's Crossroads Magazine
Breaking Bad Habits episode on Where We Live, WNPR Radio.» Listen
SisterTalk Hartford Showcased on Fox 61 News [June, 2007] »
Watch the Video
- Sisters Are Talking, Hartford Advocate, September 11, 2008
- Hospitals and Churches: A Partnership for Health. [Reprint
2005 Patrick and Catherine Weldon Donaghue Medical Research
Foundation Annual Report, Number 14, with a 2008 update]
Christianity, not vanity, at root of black women's diet program [Associated Press, April 27, 2007]
- Weight loss as a matter of faith
[UConn Health Center Magazine, Spring 2006]
- Medical sociologist to bridge gap between research, practice [UConn Advance, November 7, 2005]
- Fifield J, Peele M, McKinney M, Henderson C, Burleson J, Curry L, Smith C, Dauser Forrest D. (2008).
Testing the Social Action Theory framework of a faith-based weight-control program collaboratively translated with African-American and Black Women: SisterTalk Hartford. Presented at the North American Primary Care Annual Meeting, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
- Fifield J, Peele M, McKinney M, Henderson C, Burleson J, Curry L, Gonzalez L, Smith C, Wakefield D, Dauser Forest D. (2007).
Replicating a Successful Weight-Control Program for African-American and Black Women: SisterTalk Hartford. Presented at the North American Primary Care Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Fifield J, Mc Kinney M, Henderson C, Burleson J, Gonzalez L, Peele M, Smith C, SisterTalk Hartford Community Advisory Team. (2006).
Sustainability of Weight Loss Among African American and Black Women Enrolled in SisterTalk Hartford: A Community and Faith-based Model for Weight Control. Presented at the Annual Translating Research into Practice and Policy Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Fifield J, McKinney M, Henderson C, Burleson J, Peele M, Gonzalez L, Bartlette B. (2005).
Hospitals and Churches Partnership for Health: A SisterTalk Weight Control Study. Presented at the Annual Meeting of North American Primary Care Research Group, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.